While we dont agree, we hear often that lithography is a commodity, and that it is other things, like customer service, that accounts for market leadership.
If you want to be the vendor that saves your customer time and money and improves their printing experience WHILE reducing costly, non-billable, in-shop problems, then here is what color management offers you. If nothing else, you can think of it as good customer service (but its so much more).
- Ability to acurately soft-proof on screen customers incoming files to see how the unaltered color will print in your shop prior to making a hard proof.
- Reduce rounds of color, and the amount of unbillable proofs created.
- Create more accurate proofs (frankly, color management is almost a requirement for digital proofs).
- Improved communication with your customers. By giving them your custom press profile, they can easily make color optimized for your shop.
- Effortless repurposing of client files to get them ready for printing at your location.